Monday, January 3, 2011

With the coming of a new year

So with 2010 officially over and 2011 just beginning, I think it is time to begin to look forward to what I want to do in the new year. With Cataclysm having been ou for almost a month, I think it is a good place to start.

I, like many others, have already sped through leveling a chracter to 85. I have even begun to gear herup to run heroics and eventually raid. Our guild is looking to be able to attack rais by the end of January. I think its a plausible goal, and I want to make sure I am one of those ready to do it.

With Paci's race to 85, I feel that I probably missed out a lot in the rush, particualarly in the way of quest lines. This isn't to say that I am one of those people who didn't read the quests, but sometimes I find that I don't remember part of the story after I've gone through it. One thing I thing can give the folks at Blizz without fear a doubt is their ability to spin a great story through their quest lines. One example in cataclysm is the Naga quest line in the new aria Vash'jir. With out giving away any spoilers, the game developers have out done themselves on capturing the feel of a good war story. Usually I don't think much of the quest lines that don't have me play the character that I have put my blood, sweat, and tears into, but this time I just didn't mind.

World of Warcraft wasn't the first MMO I played, Prior to WoW I spent my time playing Final Fantasy XI. I can safely say that the quest lines in FFXI were often to disjointed to make sense, or if they were clear, they quickly became so absurd that I didn't want to bother doing them.

On to other things to do in 2011:
1. Bring my professions up to max. This was on my list in 2010, but just never got done.
2. Get in and do some old Raids. I know this is lame to some, but I had a great time plowing through Naxx a bit back, and would like to do some of the others.
3. Work on the blog to bring it up to date. Too much has gotten old, stale, and just out right wrong.
4. Try my hand at a guide. We'll see. I don't know if this will go anywhere, but we will see.
5. Be more consistent with my posting. Again, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment