Monday, January 25, 2010

Leveling through Instances

OK, I spent the weekend working on leveling using only instances. My battle group seems to have a pretty good number of people leveling. I have been pretty lucky in getting a good number of groups of all types. Its interesting to have the opportunity to go through all of them. There have been some really good groups, and bad groups, but that isn't really a surprise.

I've learned a few things. First I learned that there is a dead spot in the leveling path. I ran into it right about 29 or so. There is only one dungeon available from 29 through 33. The Scarlet Monastery Graveyard. To make things a bit more difficult, it is a pretty short dungeon, or so it seems. It takes about 10 minutes to run from one end to the other with a mediocre party. A good party is able to run through this in about 5 minutes if they know what they are doing.

Rather interestingly, one of the times I entered the dungeon that there are seven bosses in the graveyard. Problem here being, neither I, nor anyone in the parties I've joined have any idea where five of the seven bosses are hiding. I hope that someday I can figure out where the others are hiding. I may have to do some research at some point when  I have a few minutes.

Second I learned that there are still a lot of new people coming into WoW. It is really unusual to think that considering that there are so many people already playing. It have figured this out from the fact that first, many people don't have a clue what they are doing, and second few have the heirloom gear that can be gotten from level 80 vendors in Dalaran and Wintergrasp. I happen to like it because I can help people as others have helped me as I've gone along, and it brings more life to the game, keeping it fresh.

Thirdly, I've learned that no one has yet figured out a leveling instance spec yet. I need to really try to figure one out. I look forward to the challenge because it'll be cool to see what I can come up with, and how viable it is.

Well, more to come on leveling in instances as it comes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment