Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Meta-Achievements, here I come!

So, when the Valentine's Day holiday time came up in Azeroth I made a conscious decision to go after the all holiday meta achievement. To that end, I went at Love is in the Air like gang busters. At first, I thought I'd screenshot every achievement I got to post for posterity. Very quickly that fell by the way side. I get really excited when I get a new achievement so I forget fairly often. Actually I get too excited. Sometimes I cheer or do something foolish like spin around in my chair. These kind of things are the reason my wife and kids think I'm crazy.

Anyway, there was one that really cracked me up. It reminded me entirely too much of some Friday night's while I was in college. I swear I must have done this at some point on a college campus in northern New Hampshire.

 

Side note, I love how when you get drunk in WoW the screen gets fuzzy and it's hard to move. That just makes me laugh every time I do it. The thing I don't get is how people are able to continue running things like instances while drunk. I just can't see enough to know I'm hitting the right thing.
Last night I got both the Elder and Love is in the Air Meta's giving me a good start toward my goal. This is all thanks to a guildie who got a bunch of her friends to help me get through the Northerend instances. 

Note to everyone out there who want to do these 
1. Not soloable, not duoable with a DK and a Priest.
2. You don't actually have to do it on Heroic mode.
3. If you have alt toons that need to get the achievement, you can do it. You just need a couple things:
a. A group that is willing to let you do this.
b. A warlock in the party
All you need to do is have the party get to the elder, get the achievement, leave party with your current character, log onto the other character, have the warlock summon you and get the achievement for the other character.
c. Poof, 2 alts with the elder complete.
While I personally didn't try it, I hear it works well.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you already have the Elder title I'm impressed. I took one look at the list of Elders all everywhere and saw about 100 and some Horde and said 'I don't think so'...lol
    Me and Balth have started gathering some but I have no delusions of getting this title any time soon...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually went pretty quickly once I got into it. I have a ton of flight points which sped the proces up considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work - very quickly done on the Elder title - I'm hoping to combine mine with getting the Explorer title... we'll see how that goes.

    About the screen shots - I found the add-on Multishot (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/multishot.aspx) that fixes all my forgetfulness. Automatically takes a screenshot for achievements, boss kills, reputation gains, level gains etc (can turn bits on and off)

    ReplyDelete