Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who ever thought....

I would have so many ideas to write about that I would not write any of them down? Since Saturday I've been getting ideas to talk about on my blog, but each time I start to write them down I get side tracked and that means I ended up with 5 or 6 post starts and nothing actually published.

I am determined now though. I will post. It will rock. Well maybe not, but I'll like it and maybe you, my 3 faithful readers scattered out among the servers of the internet. Which reminds me, to that person out in Alaska who is reading to me, I have no idea how you find me, but thank you for reading. I know I don't know anyone in Alaska, and yet you are my highest hit person. Thank you.

On to the post!

One of my favorite parts of WoW started up on Sunday at 3AM server time. Another holiday has begun in the world of Azeroth. I am not going to post a guide, since sites like Wowhead write very good ones and I would be merely copying from them or another site that provides such good details on the holiday.

Back a year or so ago when I started playing WoW seriously I skipped on the holidays in my huge rush to try to get to be one of the cool kids at 80. I've since learned the error of my ways. I didn't realize how much I liked the holiday events until last thanksgiving when I happened to run by the thanksgiving vendor outside of Stormwind. Since then, I have tried to do as many events as I can. I down right love them and eat them up. They are great. I started last night and did the 2 dailies I am allowed and advanced the main questline about as far as I can go on my own (destroying the cart and the sprayers). I need to do some research on it before moving forward from there.

What else is going on in WoW? Let's see, still doing Heroics with Alydar, I bought my first piece of Frost emblem gear, the back piece. I'm still battling with deciding whether I should have Mich leave Soulbound and join Atlantis. I don't know what to do here. I don't really get anything out of Soulbound other than the companionship of Cara and Jisao, but I wouldn't really get anything out of Atlantis either.

I begin to think that Atlantis is a dying guild. The GM is doing a semester abroad so is rarely if ever on. In addition, I rarely see anyone online other than Alydar and myself. Every once in a while I'll see another person online. I don't know if people are logging in, seeing no one so logging off, or they just aren't active anymore.

I started thinking about it, and I noticed that I can set up events on the calendar (I think anyone in the guild can). I was thinking I might set up an event and see if I  get any acceptances. I was thinking of maybe a 10 man Naxx run, something easy like that to see if I can get some 80's interest. To do this though, I really should move Mich since she's my only 80, and she's in another guild. Oops! Circular argument. Round and round we go!

Also, I am a bit nervous. I don't want to update Alyx (our GM), or any of the other Guild officers (there are a few). It wouldn't be good for me to take initiative and find out that in fact I was rocking the boat. Problem being though, I never see any officers other than Alydar. I have mentioned my ideas to Alydar, and he hasn't really said anything positive or negative on the subject. Maybe I'll do it, what's the worst thing that can happen? I get thrown out of Atlantis? Oh no. It isn't like there aren't other guilds out there that people are always shouting for membership on trade.

I'll do it tonight. If you happen to read this and have an opinion, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment