Monday, February 1, 2010

OK, something's eating me....

Note, this post was started and stopped a few times over the last week or so.

So, Paci and Orkette are in the guild Atlantis on Malygos, a fairly small guild that doesn't seem to have many active players currently. I've met a couple that do seem to be around and they are really great. I enjoy talking to them, and I like the fact that the group as a whole seems to want to help each other. I also enjoy that I can help them out a little by providing a little of the knowledge that I have to some of the other players in the guild.

Now, I have been talking to one of the Co-GMs Alydar about beginning to do some events with the guild. There are a bunch of 80's in the guild that I see pop on and off fairly often, and many of them are in heroics and 10 and 25 man runs. Now, his concern (validly) is that he is not ready to be a tank for a heroic yet. And though he often talks about how he is out DPSing the DPS players in the non-heroic runs he is doing, he is also uncomfortable as a DPS. He says he isn't up to par there either. If you look at the link you'll see he's not specced for DPS, but that is changeable, or he can heal too.

Now, I've tanked Heroics on Mich successfully, and can get up to the defense max with a potion, so I want to try running them with him. I admit that some of my success may have been because of my healer (I had Caralee for one set of runs, and then another healer who was very good that I can't remember for the second) but I think we can do it. He plows through non-heroics now, I plow through them as well, and do well on heroics also. I just don't know how to get him to do them with me.

Why am I doing this you ask? Well, I think Atlantis has the potential to be a guild that raids at least 10 man content, but I feel the GMs are a bit nervous about doing it. I'd like to help them see that it can be done, jsut as I've seen it can be done with sub-par people. Part of me has even thought about setting up a 10 man Naxx run and seeing if we can get the people for that, but I am guessing many won't want to do that since its a step back.

Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment